It’s all in the name… so why ‘Athena’?
We named the property Athena Organic Farm after being inspired by Sleeping Woman Mountain, a nearby mountain range that resembles the body of a woman whose outstretched arm points toward our fields. To us, she represents Athena, the Greek goddess of wisdom – a warrior goddess of agriculture, a defender of the city, and protector of the sacred feminine.
Athena is more to us than just a name — she symbolizes an awakening. Athena represents a return to cherishing the divine feminine, to a deep knowing that we are not separate from our environment, but a part of it, and it a part of us.
It’s not enough to state our core values — we’re adamant about living them too. As such, we:
- Support possibility. We ask how it can be done, not why it can’t.
- Have a purpose-driven life. We do work that matters, & live with intention.
- Are passionate revolutionaries. We’re excited about what we do, who we are & the dent we’re making in the universe.
- Live with integrity. Even when no one’s watching.
- Ownership. We take ownership – the good, the bad & the ugly.
- Live our truth. We know & stick to our truth, wild, wacky or weird.
- Honour our word. We follow through, & do what we say we’ll do.
- Respect the Sacred, Wild Feminine. We cherish & celebrate Mother Earth
- Embrace an abundance mentality. We understand the power of gratitude & sharing abundance – for all, not just the few, the many
We know a project can be simultaneously profitable, holistic, serve the people, and nurture the planet because we’ve spent over a decade proving it. Ask us more about our history and foundation.